Super Mums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ADHD

2 posters

Go down

ADHD Empty ADHD

Post  jenny0109 Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:17 pm

Hi i don't know if anyone can help but i am at a loss as what to do. I have a 4 year old daughter that has adhd and she is out of control. It has nothing to do with her diet as she also has a sugar and additive intolerance, we have tried everything the naughty step, time out removing her toys and everything but nothing makes a difference please help
jenny0109
jenny0109

Back to top Go down

ADHD Empty Re: ADHD

Post  loll cairns Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:36 pm

jenny0109 wrote:Hi i don't know if anyone can help but i am at a loss as what to do. I have a 4 year old daughter that has adhd and she is out of control. It has nothing to do with her diet as she also has a sugar and additive intolerance, we have tried everything the naughty step, time out removing her toys and everything but nothing makes a difference please help

loll cairns

Back to top Go down

Post  loll cairns Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:37 pm

hi, is she on any medication for her ADHD, if so, how long has she been on it..x
They don't normally put anyone on medication under the age of 5 ...,Parents of children with mild to moderate ADHD should be offered training sessions to teach them how to cope with and manage their child's behaviour. The children themselves should be offered psychotherapy or social skills training ... hope this helps..x

loll cairns

Back to top Go down

ADHD Empty ADHD

Post  Sheena Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:24 pm

My son also has ADHD & Autism & what me & the school are doing at the moment is a traffic light chart.... Green light good behaviour Amber light as a warning & a Red light. I find it works great and if he gets so many Green lights he gets a treat...he also chose his own punishment if he got a red light. We do morning, noon & night at weekends then a school day it's before tea & after tea......it may not work just yet for you but maybe it's something to think about in the future. Good Luck.

Sheena

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum