Super Mums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Share Your Birth Story ...

4 posters

Go down

Share Your Birth Story ... Empty Share Your Birth Story ...

Post  Super Mum Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:37 pm

Would you like to share your birth story?
Super Mum
Super Mum
Admin

http://supermums.freeforums.biz

Back to top Go down

Share Your Birth Story ... Empty My birth story :) 1st baby.. xx

Post  LilzMum Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:42 pm

Hope you all enjoy my 'little' read hehe

First things first, when i first fell pregnant the date i predicted i would give birth was 20th march 2009 which wouldve been 10 days after my due date. my partner predicted the 16th march 6days after due date..

my due date came and went.. nothing happened, i went to see the midwife a few days after my due date as my feet had swollen and they sent me to the hospital just to check me out.. all was clear but they booked me in to be induced as 39+2 id had a sweep and i was not showing any signs of being ready.. the induction got booked for Mothers day 22nd march 2009. I was adament i was having the baby before then. i was petified of the thought of being induced lol.

i went home all was well. then on friday 20th march 2009 41+3 i started contracting really badly, i told my partner i needed the toilet so he came upstairs laughing at me telling me i just needed a poo.. i couldnt stop laughing but it was agony, rang maternity went in and got sent home as i wasnt dilated enough. the midwife said ' i finish my shift at 8pm, you will be back before then' (this was at 3.30pm) we got told 2 have some food and wait for things to start.

The cooker got switched on, a lasagne was placed in the oven then 'whoosh' my waters broke. i was scared at this point, i thought i was bleeding (dont know why but i did).. i told my partner i needed to go back to the hospital so oven got turned off bags at the ready but there was 1 thing i needed to do; change my clothes lol.

When we got to the hospital dan had to go get a wheel chair as i was losing a lot of water and was embarressed to walk.. i was sat in the car about 15 mins before he returned.. hed been chatting to the security guard, lovely Smile

When i got to the ward i was examined. 4cms dilated. o no this is gunna take a while i thought. i tried some gas and air and loved it, i was just puffing on it cos it was nice hehe. I started to bleed heavily so they got a registrar in to check me over, thankfully it was just a heavy show.

When i got to 7cm dilated i was moved into the birthing pool (how soothing) i was in there maybe 5 mins and i needed to push. i was examined again and was told to start pushing. 1 push: came the head 2nd push: came the full baby .. !! Our baby swam to the top of the pool, what an amazing sight.. We didnt know the sex of the baby so my partner was shouting 'open the legs' it took me a few seconds to realise we had a beautiful daughter.. After 3 hours 55mins (1st baby) at 8.36pm on Friday 20th March 2009 (the date id predicted) i gave birth to Lillie-may Hannah weighing 6lb 14oz.. She had the most beautiful dark hair and the bluest of eyes. <3 I loved every single second of labour.. !! And especially meeting our little princess xx

This is definately the proudest moment of mummy and daddys lives Smile xxx <3

LilzMum

Back to top Go down

Share Your Birth Story ... Empty Re: Share Your Birth Story ...

Post  xmaslolly Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:57 pm

Hi Ladies here is the birth story for Joseph 07/09/09

I was having a lot of tummy cramps that kept coming and going from the 05/09 labour finally seemed to establish itself from around 7pm 06/09 so we called the midwives out to attend my home birth. Everything was progressing well I was 3cm dilated although bubs had moved up instead of down and contractions were coming 2 in 10mins. At around 1:30am my waters started leaking then bubs made a massive kick at 2am and they went with a gush this is when the problems started. The waters weren’t clear and had maconium in them. It appeared to be old maconium but that coupled with the fact that Joey wasn’t moving down the birth canal properly they decided I would be better off in hospital as there was a risk that the cord would come down before the baby did. So bang went my relaxing home birth in the pool. At this point I got really upset as I did not want to go hospital at all. OH managed to calm me down (He was fantastic the whole time and never once panicked) and we went via ambulance. They took me straight to a delivery suite and hooked me up to the gas and air as after my waters broke the contractions got stronger very quickly. I spent the next few hrs wondering around my room hooked up to a monitor to make sure Joeys heart rate didn’t drop so I wasn’t even allowed to go in the bath to help with the pain. Midwife was lovely though and kept telling me how well I was coping even when I was singing through the pain. I ‘m sure she thought I was mad as I kept singing the rainbow theme tune over and over it was strangely very affective and I would recommend singing to everyone. We got to around 4am and midwife decided she needed to check on my progress by this time I was 8cm dilated and Joey was well engaged and on his way. She told me my fore waters hadn’t yet broken and she would break them manually now, this was excruciating I’ve never felt pain like it as not only did she break the waters but she swept the sack out of the way. This is when I started to get upset again I just didn’t think I was going to be able to cope at all knowing he was going to be a biggish baby as well. Again my wonderful OH stepped in and never once left my side he nearly crippled himself kneeling on the hard floor for hrs so that I could break his fingers with every contraction (now that’s true love lol). Eventually I had the urge to push but Joey was having non of it at first and refused to budge by this time I was exhausted and decided I needed some further help so was given a dose of Pethadine. Everything just kind of kicked off then. I managed to get his head out but then one of his shoulders got stuck and his heart rate started dropping I was completely out of it by this time and OH and Midwife had to physically lift me on to my side holding my leg up so they could turn baby to allow his shoulder to come out. We then heard the first cry of the baby being born next door and that very much helped to focus me and gave me strength to get my Joey out and after a couple more pushes he finally entered the world at 6:59am a very healthy 8lb 11oz and with a great set of lungs. The OH instantly burst into tears quickly followed by me we had a little cuddle then he was whisked off for cleaning and checking and finally brought back for a breast feed. I was given the injection for the placenta which delivered in a record ½ hr for me and I had no retainment this time YAY!! We then slept most of the morning away and I sent OH home to get some rest and we were discharged from the hospital at 7pm I would have been home earlier but due to the moconium Joey had to check by a paediatrician before he was allowed to leave.
I hope that wasnt to epic Very Happy
xmaslolly
xmaslolly

Back to top Go down

Share Your Birth Story ... Empty kaylees birth!

Post  andiiee Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:08 am

Well here i was pregnant with baby number 2 very quickly after baby number 1....i was 6days over my due date it was now 30/08/2007 . Well this day i felt really tired soo i decided to go for a nap and just as i lay down about 12ish my waters went! soo off i went to the hospital to get checked out they decided to keep me in for a few hours just to keep an eye on me! wasnt in pain tho so exspected 2 be sent home! well 5pm came and they done a ctg and altho i wasnt feeling them there was a few little contractions so they decided to keep me in over night just to be on the safe side! (id had a complicated pregnancy or no doubt they would have sent me home!) Soo everything was fine...my family went home and about 9ish i went to bed. Well i woke up at 3am in agony! i wandered up and down the ward for 5mins till the pain was so bad i had 2 buzz for the nurse...she brought me 2 PARACETAMOL lol but 3-4 mins later i was buzzing again the pain was unbelievable soo she said "well i will examine u just to put ur mind at rest" soooo she examines me "ohh ur only 3-4 cms dilated but i will phone labour ward as ur obv not good with pain" soo i got up and went for a pee before they took me to labour ward....as i stood up off the toilet i could feel baby pushing her way out! sooo i screamed(purley with the shock) midwife came told me to calm down untill she looked between my legs and seen why i was screaming! i had 2 attempt to make it back to my bed and lie down the nurses n midwifes were running around like mad getting birthing packs etc and by 325am kaylee-marie was born a very healthy 7lb9oz Smile im now 21+2 with baby number 3 Very Happy xx

andiiee

Back to top Go down

Share Your Birth Story ... Empty Re: Share Your Birth Story ...

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum